A Moment in History
The Amistad Murals consists of three panels: The Revolt, The Court Scene, and Back to Africa. They are housed in Savery Library and are known as one of artist Hale Aspacio Woodruff’s best known works.
Office of Public RelationsTalladega News | Talladega College Calendar | Publications Center
The office of Public Relations is instrumental in bringing greater visibility and recognition to Talladega as a national and international leader in higher education. This mission is accomplished by building sound relationships with the college's constituencies and public groups, including the media, federal and local governments, and the community. This office is also responsible for the approval of all college and departmental brochures.
The contact information for the Office of Public Relations is as follows:Tysus Jackson
627 West Battle Street
Talladega, Alabama 35160
Office of Admissions
627 Battle Street West
Talladega, AL 35160
Phone: (866) 540-3956
or (256) 362-0274
The history of Talladega College began on November 20, 1865, when two former slaves William Savery and Thomas Tarrant, both of Talladega, met in convention with a group of new freedmen in Mobile, Alabama.